Regine's Letter




Dear Regine,

I am not yet ready to let go because I feel like I haven't really taught you all a lot. Most of our times in class are consumed by reminding each of you how to properly behave inside the classroom. Or I have to be pulled out of the class because of some urgent meetings. Or fire/earthquake drills. There were even days that I felt like giving up.

I can only hope that all of you learned something from me. From all of us, your grade three teachers.

Because, me, Teacher Kat, learned a lot from all of you.

You may be the smallest in the class, but your voice has the highest pitch. At first, your classmates laughed at you because of your Visayan accent, but later on admire you because you were the fastest to learn English and Science. I will always remember you to be that kid whom I would always spend longer time practicing pronunciation because you keep forgetting them. I will do it repeatedly until you get it right. You had never given up on me. Never got mad. Never cried because I push you too hard to speak it right.

Thank you. If not because of you and your classmates, I wouldn't be having this pride of being a teacher. It is not a thankless job after all.

Thank you. For understanding that I can't really do everything. For keeping silent when I make that "teacher look" because I don't wanna shout or bang the desk anymore. Thank you for speaking out loud your thoughts and answers to my questions. Answers that would make us all laugh, ask more questions or simply make me feel that oh my, I am making you all think!

My dream for each of you is to fulfill your personal dreams and aspirations in life. Many years from now, I hope to see each of you happy and successful and ultimately, may you all grow up to be good and responsible citizens, partners and family members. If you ever become rich and famous, may you have the heart to extend your fortunes to the less fortunate and make your life an inspiration to others. But you need not be rich and famous at all. Just be happy with the life you have chosen.

As you all grow older, you would forget all about me since I am just one of the many teachers that will come into your academic life.

You were all my firsts in my first year of teaching and that will be hard to forget and let go. You were part of my first highs and lows as a teacher. You were part of my learning as a person. You are one of the many reasons why I teach and strive hard with others in making this country's educational system right.

So, thank you.

Years from now, remember that you have a Cher Kat to come home to.

Wishing you all the best,
Cher Kat

Comments

  1. Congrats, Teacher Kat. You've done a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I did. I survived the first year :)

      Delete
  2. Hala, ginawa kang pusa ng estudyante mo. *hahaha* Pano ba naman sila hindi matututo eh binabantaan mo na ibabato mo yung pencil cases nila palabas ng bintana? LOL!

    Kidding aside, this proves that you really did a great job. And this also shows that even if we feel our current situation seems dire or when our efforts bear no fruit, there would always be at least one person who appreciates you and your actions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha.. Even just for a few hours, you know how it is in a classroom. In a public school. The only way for them to learn is that they have to be still and be ready to listen.

      Hindi uubra ang pa-sweet-sweet sa kanila ngayon.

      Delete
  3. congrats teacher kat! nakakataba naman yan ng puso! :)
    infair may konsepto na ng "pagsubok" ang mga grade 3 ngayon a hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sobra-sobrang nakakataba ng puso talaga :) At wagas nga sila maka-drama! haha

      Delete
  4. nakakatunaw ng puso :)
    nakakataba ng puso :)
    nakaka-high sa damdamin...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like all my efforts were all worth it. Nakakawala ng pagod. Nakakawala ng puyat. One soul at a time :)

      Ending my first year of teaching with a high note!

      Delete
  5. Mas nauna kong nabasa to sa FB mo before here and I really love it! I can feel the passion and wish I had that when I was your age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahihihi.. kung di pa hinanap ng isang co-teacher ko yung letter, di ko maipopost to sa fb.. lels.

      Delete
  6. ang sweet..very memorable ang first year of teaching mo, thanks to these sweet kids..I'm sure in a way or another, you touched and made impacts to each others lives :) you'll have more years and more lives to touch Cher Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kids are the purest and sweetest talaga.. Im happy I work with kids :) Sana nga kahit pano, dun sa 201 school days, may nagawa kami para sa kanila :)

      Delete
  7. Makamunduon man na message. Sometimes, piga isip ko pag nasasabatan ko ang teacher ko dati. I wonder kung I lived up to what they expect me to be. Hayyyss. Miss elementary years

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha.. Can't remember my elem days anymore too.. As for living up with expectations, as long as you're happy and gay, its fine.

      Delete
  8. Wow, this is a tear-jerker. Awesome and heartfelt. God bless Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep coming back to this post. Reminds me of my good teaching days.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023