First Solo Trip 02-05 May 2017

May 2, 2017
First stop: Tenjin, Fukuoka





Second Stop: Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi Prefecture.
This is the southmost part of the Honshu Island closest to Kyushu Region. The two islands are connected by the famous Kanmon Suspension Bridge. I was planning to go back to Kyushu Region via Kitakyushu City by walking thru the Kanmon Tunnel from Shimonoseki to Kitakyushu, but due to time constraints, I decided to do that some other time.

Mobile phones Charging Ports. Though not all buses are equipped with such amenity, most buses has it. So, there can be no excuse for non-contact nor worries of not being able to use the GPS. As for wi-fi, I haven't bothered to check since I have enough mobile data allocation for the trip. 
Shimonoseki-shi. 




Going back to Tenjin Bus Station for my bus bound for Nagasaki.

This is the pathway for transferring from the Arrival area to the Departure Area.

View from the escalator.

The underground mall. 

Running away from Diapers or Peeing all the Way? What are these babies trying to depict?

I really find this restroom so fancy. Wouldn't you want to be welcomed by books on your way to doing Number 1 or Number 2. 

Yakiniku for dinner in Nagasaki. 

I had so much fun talking to my friend that I almost forgot about the time and I missed the last tram trip and so I had to take the train, alight at the next station and walk towards Nagasaki University to meet another friend who adopted me and took me on a tour the next day. 

May 3, 2017

Nagasaki-shi
This is one of the oldest churches around Nagasaki. It lies next Oura Cathedral where the famous San Lorenzo Ruiz was tortured and executed, as per my father's Skype history unsolicited history lessons. LOL.

My friend, Aura. She is a MEXT scholar under an 18-month Science teacher-training program in Nagasaki University. 

The Glover Garden was said to be a famous place where aristocrats and Dutch people visiting Nagasaki stayed and thrived.

Going to the topmost part of the garden, one can choose either to take the escalator or the stairs. 

Yeah. We were just in time for the wedding. 



Standing Not Allowed. 

The Greenhouse. 

Lunchtime! Carb-on-carb. Who cares!

Taking the tram to see the next attractions. 

The Peace Park 

At the center of the park lies this statue as a symbol of peace. 




The exact spot where the atomic bomb fell. Apparently, the bomb exploded 500m above the ground. It brought a very wide range of damage all over Nagasaki. 

Birds here are so fat that they can't fly very high anymore. LOL

I had that eerie feeling walking along this park. Due to time constraints, I wasn't able to visit the Atomic Bomb museum. I will do that in another day of visit. My friend warned me that it was like looking into that Martial Law exhibit that gives one a very heavy heart after the tour. It would make one cry. She cried, she said. A fair warning for me, coz for sure, it will make me cry. 

Waiting for the bus bound for Kagoshima.

Travelling around Japan can be an easy thing because buses are equipped with portable lavatories and blankets for sleeping. Seats can also be reclined and chairs are spacious enough. 

Kagoshima welcomed me a little bit chillin'.   

May 4, 2017
Kagoshima-shi
Inside Picnic with all the usual Pinoy breakfast food! 

Off to Sakurajima Island. It's a 15 minute ferry ride from the city.

The parts with the white sheet of paper are craters. 

I've changed. This is now my new Jejemon Pose. 

Not really that steep but my friends were scared to climb. So, I did it for the 3 of us. 


Chicken Curry. Japanese people loves curry.

I want to do this at home. Make coffee jelly and have lots of stock of vanilla ice cream in the fridge and whip cream in the cabinet because Summer heat is real. 

Homebound. The city welcomed me back with a little bit of drizzle. 

The 3-day trip was short and but good enough to have me back on track for now. 

Miyazaki City. 
May 5, 2017
Aya Winery
Miyazaki

Ooops. Too early to get drunk. 

This spot in Miyazaki is famous for its fruit wines and sake-making activities. It is said that the spring water here tastes so good that it makes the best products out of it, be it wine, vinegar or even tofu. 

Different variants of sake, which all taste the same to me. But the fruit wines are heavenly. 

At the back of the winery, there is this small bridge going to a little forest.  

In the midst of the little forest, there is a little pond with lots of small butterflies and dragonflies. 

I'm not good with names of flowers but I like taking photos of them.

This is my current phone home screen. 


All these photos are raw. Unedited. No watermark on it either. But all these shots were taken with my mobile phone.

I may not have seen much during my 4-day trip but I was able to overcome fear of the unfamiliar, appreciate nature, breathe fresh air, experience random acts of kindness and reconnect to good people who then reminded me of my many whys in life. In one way or another, they keep inspiring me to be better and to just live my life to the fullest.

I had always wanted to do a solo trip. I never imagined it will be in another country where I can barely speak the language. True enough, sometimes, it's good to not think too much, just gotta pack the bag and fly.

Travelling is addictive. I am willing to spend so much for it than a signature bag or shoes or make up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023